About This Blogsite

I have had to do a lot of research into the Victorian Age to write Dr. Wendell Howe's Twitter site and to write my novels. A lot of people following me are also interested in Victorian research for a book they are writing, but also for steampunk costuming, etc. So when I run across a great site I will post it here. If you find something, feel free to let me know in the comments, or contact me on Twitter at @Scablander or email me at Jeanette@scablander.com.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Victorian School

Just one of their free photos
Started by Stephen and Irene Clark in Somerset, England, the Victorian School website was setup to educate educators how to educate children about the Victorian Age. Stephen and Irene actually have a business visiting schools in the UK, but they are sharing all they know for teachers and homeschoolers around the world so they can do their own Victorian Day. They have articles, projects, free ebooks and pdf printouts, video links, lists of Victorian museums in the UK...well, you’ll just have to go and check it out, won’t you?

Although geared toward kids and educators, there is plenty here for a writer doing research, especially if you need to know anything about Victorian schooling. And the Clarks are constantly adding to their website.

Oh, and you Steampunkers, check out their online store for costumes and accessories.

Click here to go to their webiste: The Victorian School

No comments:

Post a Comment