About This Blogsite

I have had to do a lot of research into the Victorian Age to write Dr. Wendell Howe's Twitter site and to write my novels. A lot of people following me are also interested in Victorian research for a book they are writing, but also for steampunk costuming, etc. So when I run across a great site I will post it here. If you find something, feel free to let me know in the comments, or contact me on Twitter at @Scablander or email me at Jeanette@scablander.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Passing English of the Victorian era

I found a little gem: Passing English of the Victorian era: a dictionary of heterodox English, slang and phrase published in London in 1909 by James Redding Ware. Mr. Ware collected the slang of everyone from hoodlums to the upper crust while it was still fresh in everyone's memory. You can download it free and legally at the Internet Archive (a source I had mentioned in an earlier post.) Now your Steampunk stories can get steamier as you use Victorian slang with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment