About This Blogsite

I have had to do a lot of research into the Victorian Age to write Dr. Wendell Howe's Twitter site and to write my novels. A lot of people following me are also interested in Victorian research for a book they are writing, but also for steampunk costuming, etc. So when I run across a great site I will post it here. If you find something, feel free to let me know in the comments, or contact me on Twitter at @Scablander or email me at Jeanette@scablander.com.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

El Centro History Department Website

This is a Gold Mine--and I mean that in the literal sense. It's very easy to get lost in this labyrinth and sometimes difficult to find your way back, but oh, there are some real nuggets here.

These are link pages created by the El Centro College of Dallas, Texas to give students further reading in the History 1301 (to 1877)and History 1302 (after 1877) classes. The courses focus on Texas, but cover much of American history and culture. Below I've put in links to the useful pages for the 19th century.

Industrial Age to 1877 / Civil War / Reconstruction / The Year 1877 / Late 19th Century /
The South 1877-1900 / The West to 1900 / Native American / African American

There are all sorts of links here to numerous to list. Go ahead and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment