About This Blogsite

I have had to do a lot of research into the Victorian Age to write Dr. Wendell Howe's Twitter site and to write my novels. A lot of people following me are also interested in Victorian research for a book they are writing, but also for steampunk costuming, etc. So when I run across a great site I will post it here. If you find something, feel free to let me know in the comments, or contact me on Twitter at @Scablander or email me at Jeanette@scablander.com.

Monday, November 9, 2009

The Virtual Victorian

This site may not be the encyclopedia on all things Victorian that some other sites are, but then it wasn't meant to be. This is a blog-site created by author Essie Fox of London, where she writes short essays on little known subjects of Victorian life.

I'll let Essie describe it in her own words:

"A few years ago I decided to try and write a novel. My story was going to be contemporary but I wanted to use my own home as a setting and, while looking into its history, I soon found myself lured into a virtual Victorian world...from which I have yet to break free.

In this blog, I'm hoping to share some of the facts and fictions that I've discovered during my research. Some will be serious, some less so, but most will be based on, and in, the Victorian era - a fascinating age which often still influences the way we live today."

Where else on the web could you learn about Queen Victoria's bloomers, the Victorian obsession for taxidermy, or Champagne Charlie?

Link to The Virtual Victorian

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the link, Jeanette. I hope you continue to enjoy the blog.

    Very best wishes,

    Essie Fox

    ReplyDelete