About This Blogsite

I have had to do a lot of research into the Victorian Age to write Dr. Wendell Howe's Twitter site and to write my novels. A lot of people following me are also interested in Victorian research for a book they are writing, but also for steampunk costuming, etc. So when I run across a great site I will post it here. If you find something, feel free to let me know in the comments, or contact me on Twitter at @Scablander or email me at Jeanette@scablander.com.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Arthur LLoyd Website

Arthur Lloyd was an actor, singer, comedian, song writer and music hall performer who lived from 1839 - 1904. He was very famous in his day, but like most Victorian entertainers he is largely forgotten. Since 2001, his great grandson, Matthew Lloyd, has been trying to rectify that by creating a massive website dedicated to him.

If you are doing anything involving Victorian theaters or Music Halls, go here first! This site has over 2,000 pages and 5,000 images on their history. There are photos, programs, songs and posters. Think of it, your character could go to a Music Hall on a particular night and you now know what it looked like, and who was playing there.

The site also has period maps and a timeline that tells what else was going on in a particular year.

Link to: arthurlloyd.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog^-^
    Hello...I'm From Indonesia ^-^
    Please come to my blog^-^
    Friendship around the world ^-^
    I'm Sorry my engglish not good^-^
    Thankyou^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your English is better than my Indonesian and I followed your site. I'm afraid I only just noticed your comment. (I have too many blogs.) I do apologize for not responding sooner.

    ReplyDelete