About This Blogsite

I have had to do a lot of research into the Victorian Age to write Dr. Wendell Howe's Twitter site and to write my novels. A lot of people following me are also interested in Victorian research for a book they are writing, but also for steampunk costuming, etc. So when I run across a great site I will post it here. If you find something, feel free to let me know in the comments, or contact me on Twitter at @Scablander or email me at Jeanette@scablander.com.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Victorian Web

It doesn't look like much when you go to the home page. Just start clicking on icons and start digging. This unpretentious site is probably the oldest and one of the largest on Victorian culture and history. In fact it's older than the internet! It started out as part of Brown University's Intermedia Project begun by Professor George P. Landow. In 1992 when Intermedia ceased it was transferred to Eastgate Systems Storyspace. In 1995 it was translated to HTML. From it's beginnings hundreds of scholars have added to the content. There are links to other sites, but much of it is essays and scans for this site alone. Just about everything is covered here.

Link to: The Victorian Web

Bonus! On the page on how to contribute to this web are hints for students to strengthen their writing. It's spelt out instead of alluded to like too many books and sites do. Some Easy Ways to Strengthen Your Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment